Link Table for Quick Navigation
Fees and Payment Terms
Patient Data and Legal Compliance
Exclusion of Damages
Limitation of Liability
Codingline Proprietary Notices
1. Fees and Payment Terms. Subscriber’s access to and use of the Website are predicated on pre-payment of an annual subscription fee for either CodinglineSILVER or Codingline Gold (as more specifically described below). Subscriber acknowledges that the Products and Services available to Subscriber are determined based on Subscriber’s selected subscription level and not all Products and Services contained in available through the Website are necessarily included benefits of the CodinglineSILVER or Codingline Gold subscription. Some Products and Services may be subject to additional fees. Subscription fees are based on an annual subscription (typically 365 days) from the time of approved registration. Subscription fees are posted on the Website and are subject to change.
The CodinglineSILVER Subscription
- CodinglineSILVER is an electronic forum for asking and/or responding to questions that focus on foot and ankle practice coding, reimbursement, and practice management.
- CodinglineSILVER emails are distributed daily to all subscribers, and subscribers and Codingline expert panelists have the ability to respond to such emails.
- CodinglineSILVER subscribers can access the forum page (“Forum”) on the Codingline site to read (and respond to) currently discussed topics; post a question; or search and review responses of past topics.
- Up to two email addresses can be registered to a CodinglineSILVER account.
The Codingline Gold Subscription
- Codingline Gold subscription includes all the CodinglineSILVER benefits (see above).
- Direct to Expert allows subscribers to ask foot and ankle coding, reimbursement, and practice management questions privately and anonymously and receive responses/opinions from Codingline’s expert panelist(s).
- Codingline Gold subscribers receive 20% off Codingline hosted seminars and workshops.
- Codingline Gold subscribers receive complimentary registration for Codingline webinars.
3. Security. Subscriber-portion of the Website requires a computer identification of subscriber email, registered user name, and a user password to access and use. Certain Products and Services may require additional codes. Subscriber is solely responsible for (1) maintaining access password confidentiality as well as access to his/her email service, (2) any charges, damages, or losses that may be incurred or suffered as a result of Subscriber’s failure to maintain the strict confidentiality of his/her password and/or failure to restrict Subscriber email use, and (3) promptly informing the administrator of Codingline in writing (via firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail: Codingline, 13337 E. South St. #325, Cerritos, CA 90703) of any need to deactivate subscription access a result of unauthorized use of Subscriber’s password/email or other security concerns. Codingline will have no liability for any charges, damages, losses or other harm related to Subscriber breach in password or email security with the unauthorized allowance of another person or entity accessing and using Subscriber-portion of the Website, or the Products, Services or Content contained therein.
4. Medical Disclaimers. The Content available through the Website is for informational and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for the judgment of Subscriber. Neither Codingline nor its expert panelists offer medical or treatment advice. The Website, Products, Services and Content are to be used solely at Subscriber’s own risk. Codingline does not assume any responsibility for Subscriber’s use or misuse of information transmitted, monitored, stored or received from the Listserve, Forum or Website. All communications are the opinions of individuals and are not endorsed or validated by Codingline. It is the responsibility of Subscribers and visitors to verify any coding, reimbursement, and/or related legal topics/issues discussed on the Website or Listserve for accuracy with individual payers, with pertinent laws (local, state, federal), or agencies, and not concede the accuracy of the opinions or statements expressed to be true and universal. See Section 6. General Disclaimers below.
5. Patient Data and Legal Compliance. Codingline does not transmit, store, and/or receive confidential patient information. Subscribers are obligated to respect patient confidentiality in any Codingline communication. Subscribers represent and warrant that they will, at all times comply with all laws directly or indirectly applicable to the gathering, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure, maintenance, and storage of the patient information, and use their best efforts to cause all persons or entities under their direction or control to likewise comply with such laws. Codingline cannot and does not assume any responsibility for Subscriber’s use or misuse of information transmitted, monitored, stored or received from the Listserve, Forum, or Website. All communications are the opinions of individuals, and are not Codingline endorsed. It is the responsibility of Subscribers or visitors to verify any coding, reimbursement, or related legal topics/issues discussed on the Codingline Subscriber-portion of the Website, Forum, or Listserve for accuracy with individual payers, with pertinent laws (local, state, federal), or agencies, and not concede the accuracy of the opinions or statements expressed to be true and universal.
6. General Disclaimers. CODINGLINE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO SUBSCRIBER (AND, WHERE APPLICABLE, TO THE VISITOR) ON AN “AS IS WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. USE OF THE WEBSITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES IS AT SUBSCRIBER’S AND/OR VISITOR’S RISK. CODINGLINE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED PURPOSE, FITNESS FOR USE, MERCHANTIBILITY, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR WARRANTIES ARISING BY COURSE OF DEALING OR CUSTOM OF TRADE. CODINGLINE EXPERT PANELIST COMMENTS AND RESPONSES ARE STRICTLY THE OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL EXPERT PANELIST AND ARE NOT THE VIEWS OR OPINIONS OF CODINGLINE OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, OR EMPLOYEES. CODINGLINE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT ANY CONTENT IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, APPROPRIATE, RELIABLE OR TIMELY. CODINGLINE ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT SUBSCRIBERS ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE (1) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, (2) IS FREE OF VIRUSES, UNAUTHORIZED CODE, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR (3) IS SECURE. SUBSCRIBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL PRECAUTIONS NECESSARY, REASONABLE OR ADVISABLE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES AGAINST ANY CLAIM, DAMAGE, LOSS OR HAZARD THAT MAY ARISE BY VIRTUE OF THEIR USE OF THE WEBSITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. THEREFORE, ONLY IF REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO SUBSCRIBER.
7. Exclusion of Damages. To the extent permitted by law, Codingline disclaims any and all liability to Subscriber or any other person or entity for any costs, expenses, or damages, including, but not limited to, direct, compensatory, indirect, incidental, consequential (including lost profits and lost business opportunities), special, exemplary, or punitive damages, that result from or relate in any manner whatsoever to (1) Subscriber’s use of the Website, Content, Products, or Services, or (2) errors, inaccuracies, omissions, defects, untimeliness, security breaches, or any other failure to perform by Codingline or Codingline's expert panelists, or any other Content providers. The foregoing exclusion shall apply regardless of whether Codingline has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
8. Limitation of Liability. Notwithstanding the other terms of this Agreement, if Codingline should have any liability to Subscriber or any third party for any loss, harm or damage, the SubscriberSubscriber and Codingline agree that such liability shall under no circumstance exceed the lesser of $1,000 or the fees Subscriber paid to Codingline during the three (3) months immediately preceding the day the event occurred that gave rise to Subscriber’s claim. Subscriber and Codingline agree that the foregoing limitation of liability is an agreed upon allocation of risk between Subscriber and Codingline and reflects the fees, if any, Codingline charges Subscriber to access and use the Website, Content, Products, and Services. Subscriber acknowledges that absent this limitation of liability, Codingline would not provide Subscriber with access to or use of the Website, Content, Products, or Services.
9. Indemnity. Subscriber agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Codingline harmless against any and all losses, expenses, costs or damages (including, but not limited to, Codingline’s reasonable attorneysfees, expert fees and other reasonable costs of defense) arising from, incurred as a result of, or in any manner related to (1) Subscriber’s breach of this Agreement, (2) Subscriber’s unauthorized or unlawful use of the Website, Content, Products, or Services, and (3) the unauthorized or unlawful use of the Website, Content, Products, or Services by any person not authorized to use Subscriber’s email and password.
10. Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between Subscriber and Codingline relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any other oral or written communications relating thereto. This Agreement may not be amended or supplemented by (1) any purchase order or similar form originated by Subscriber relating to the subject matter hereof, or (2) statements of any of Codingline’s expert panelists or employees. Codingline reserves the right to make changes to this Agreement at any time without advance notice. Codingline agrees to post all amended forms of this Agreement on the Website and such amended forms shall be effective immediately upon its posting. Such amended forms shall be deemed to have been physically signed by Subscriber by Subscriber’s acceptance of this Agreement. It is at all times Subscriber’s responsibility to read the most current form of this Agreement before using the Website to ensure that Subscriber agrees to the terms and conditions of any amendments made to this Agreement. Subscriber agrees that these standards for notice of amendments to this Agreement are reasonable.
11. Termination. Subscriber’s right to access and use the Website immediately terminates without further notice upon Subscriber’s breach of this Agreement and Codingline Policies, as contained in Sections 13 and 15 of this Agreement. Codingline may terminate this Agreement and/or Subscriber’s right to use the Website at any time, with or withoutcause. Codingline may terminate this Agreement and/or Subscriber’s subscription to CodinglineSILVER or Codingline Gold at any time, with or without cause. Codingline has the option, upon termination of a Subscriber’s subscription, to refund up to a maximum of a prorated balance of the annual subscription moneys paid by the terminated Subscriber. Sections 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 of this Agreement, and all other terms which by their nature should survive, will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever. Codingline reserves the right to discontinue or make changes to the Website at any time.
12. Other. Codingline may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, in its sole discretion. Subscriber may not assign this Agreement, or any of its rights or obligations hereunder, without Codingline’s prior written permission. Any attempt by Subscriber to assign this Agreement, or any of its rights or obligations hereunder without Codingline’s permission shall be void. The waiver by Codingline of a breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any other or a subsequent breach of the same or a different kind. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or contrary to law, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
- 13.A. Subscriber Use of Content. The Content is considered proprietary to Codingline and its third party content providers (“Content Providers”). The Content is intended solely for Subscriber use in connection with Subscriber’s internal, non-commercial use. Any unauthorized use of the Content is strictly prohibited.
- 13.B. Intellectual Property Ownership. Subscriber may not create a link to the Website without Codingline's prior written approval. All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved to Codingline. No other rights or licenses, whether express, implied, arising by estoppel, or otherwise are conveyed or intended by this Agreement. To facilitate Subscriber’s access to and use of the Codingline Website or portions thereof, Codingline may, if necessary, make certain software available to Subscriber. The terms of Subscriber’s use of such software will be stated separately in a license agreement that will be included with the software. The SubscriberSubscriber agrees only to use such software in a manner permitted pursuant to such license agreements.
- 13.C. Interactive Areas. Codingline Gold subscribers may be permitted to access and use the CodinglineSILVER listserve; “Direct to Expert” confidential foot and ankle coding, reimbursement, and practice management question/answer service; as well as other current and future features designated as Codingline Gold benefits, including, but not limited to, the Forum, Q/A archive, discounts on Codingline hosted seminars and workshops, and complimentary Codingline hosted webinars. CodinglineSILVER subscribers may be permitted to access and use the Listserve and the Forum, Q/A archive. If Subscriber chooses to participate in the interactive Listserve, the SubscriberSubscriber is responsible for his/her own communication content, as well as the consequences of posting interactive communication content. If Subscriber chooses to post interactive communication content on the Listserve (followed by archiving in the Forum), Subscriber agrees to do so solely for lawful purposes. Subscriber expressly agrees not to post any material that: (1) is defamatory, libelous, abusive, or obscene, including, without limitation, material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, federal, or international law; (2) infringes on the copyright or any other proprietary right of a third-party; (3) would invade the privacy of any other person; (4) is intended to advertise to or solicit others without our express permission; (5) constitute charity solicitations, chain letters or pyramid schemes; (6) contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, or any other harmful program or component; or (7) does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme on the Listserve or Website. Subscriber also expressly agrees that he/she will not: (a) after receiving warning, continue to post material which Codingline has advised Subscriber not to post; (b) create a false identity or forged email address or header, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of the message; (c) post, generate or disseminate so-called “spam” or mass-mailings; (d) harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent; (e) interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Website, or used for purposes of delivering the Content or the Services (or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks); (f) attempt to gain unauthorized access to restricted areas of the Website, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website, through password mining or any other means; or (g) interfere with another of Codingline user’s use and enjoyment of the Website.
Codingline is not responsible for the material posted by Subscriber or any other person or entity using the Listserve or Direct to Expert feature, Codingline will make a reasonable attempt to monitor and review material prior to posting. Whether material alleged not to conform to the terms of this Agreement is discovered by Codingline or reported by one of Codingline users, Codingline may determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the non-conforming material. Codingline reserves the right to remove material, which is abusive, illegal, disruptive, or that otherwise fails to conform to these Policies . Additionally, Codingline reserves the right to edit or delete any portion of any material submitted to be posted or previously posted on the Website, regardless of whether such material violates these standards for content. Codingline has no liability or responsibility to Subscriber or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the monitoring/screening activities set forth above. Subscriber acknowledges that Codingline has the right not to post, publish, or other disseminate Subscriber submitted material to be posted on the Website or emailed through the Listserve.
- 13.D. Secure Mail. The Secure Mail Service permits Subscriber to send and receive email over the Internet. The Secure Mail Service is described as “secure” because the text of email message is encrypted if sent to another user’s Codingline Secure Mail account. Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that the text of email messages sent to recipients who are not within the Codingline Secure Mail Network, and all attachments to these messages, are not secure. In addition, Subscriber also acknowledges and agrees that no form of encryption is fool proof. Subscriber agrees to take all steps necessary to ensure the text of his/her email messages and all attachments to Subscriber email messages are secure.
- 13.E. Advertisements and Links. The Website may contain advertisements or announcements placed by or on behalf of third parties. These advertisements or announcements may contain links to other websites. These third party websites are not under Codingline control and Codingline is not responsible for such third party websites. Unless expressly stated so by Codingline, Codingline does not recommend or endorse particular products, services or websites of any third parties or make any determination whether any such product, service, or website may be either necessary or appropriate for Subscriber or visitor unless that case or claim is clearly and specifically stated on Codingline. Codingline does not recommend or endorse particular products, services or web sites of any third parties or make any determination whether any such product, service, or web site may be either necessary or appropriate for Subscriber or visitor in rendering care to patients.
- 13.F. Outside the United States. Codingline makes no claims that the Website is appropriate for access or use outside the United States. Subscriber access and/or use of the Codingline site outside the United States is at Subscriber’s own risk, with Subscriber responsible for compliance with the laws of his/her jurisdiction. Subscriber agrees that it is solely responsible for transferring or transmitting any Content, or any other information contained in or available through the Website, Products, or Services, outside of the United States, including, without limitation, compliance with any foreign or domestic laws applicable thereto.
14. Codingline Proprietary Notices. The Content (including, without limitation, all software, text, displays, images, and audio) and the compilation of all materials on the Website are proprietary to Codingline or its Content Providers. Any reproduction, distribution, public performance, or public display of these materials, in whole or in part, is prohibited without the express prior written permission of Codingline or as expressly permitted in the Policies.
Codingline and its associated logos and other marks located on the Website are trademarks. Neither Visitors nor Subscriber may use such logos and marks without Codingline’s written permission. All other names, brands and marks are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The Website, and the Content, Products, and Services made available through the Website, may be protected by one or more of the following patents: U.S. Patent No. [5,560,005], U.S. Patent No. [5,724,575], and/or other U.S. patents pending.
Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) is copyright 2017 (and subsequent years) American Medical Association (“AMA”). All Rights Reserved. No fee schedules, basic units, relative values, or related listings are included in CPT. The AMA assumes no liability for the data contained herein. Applicable FARS/DFARS restrictions apply to government use. The US Copyright Law, under Chapter 1, Section 107, exempts certain limited use of copyrighted works, referred to a "fair use" and such uses are permissible without a license. Codingline acknowledges its limited fair use of CPT codes and descriptors for educational purposes only (e.g., to explain coding, billing or reimbursement of a specific procedure or service). Codingline acknowledges the trademark, CPT, when included in Codingline material to represent CPT a copyright manual, coding system of the American Medical Association. Codingline encourages all Subscribers and Visitors to its website to follow discussions on Codingline using their current AMA CPT manuals or licensed CPT resources. Additional information on fair use may be found at http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/solutions-managing-your-practice/coding-billing-insurance/cpt/cpt-products-services/licensing/fair-use.page.
- 15.A. Personal Information Codingline Collects. Codingline collects information about Subscriber to operate effectively and provide the best experiences with the Website, Listserve, and other features.
- 15.C. Name and Contact Data. Codingline collects the name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, and other similar contact data.
- 15.D. Credentials. Codingline collects passwords and similar security information used for authentication and account access, but maintains those in secure software that is not accessible to anyone other than Subscriber, and even then under limited circumstances.
- 15.E. Demographic Data. Codingline collects data about Subscriber’s age, address, city, and state.
- 15.F. Payment Data. Codingline collects data necessary to process Subscriber and registrants’ payment, but that information is maintained in the secure software only long enough to process the Codingline Product or Service; then it is automatically deleted.
- 15.G. Usage Date. Codingline collects data about the features Subscriber uses, Codingline items purchased, responses within the Listserve, blog, and Direct to Expert, as well as the Codingline web pages Subscriber visits. Codingline collects data about the performance of Codingline Products and Services, and any reported problems experienced by Subscriber. Codingline collects data when Subscriber reports a problem with the Website or other Products and Services. Such data includes contact data, chat content, and other communications with Codingline support.
- 15.H. IP Address. Codingline stores the Internet Protocol (IP) address of Subscriber’s computer when Subscriber visits the Website. This information is only used to create broad demographic summaries of where Codingline users come from, e.g., Codingline knows what percentage of users come from New York, Florida, or California. The use of the IP addresses, however, does not identify the actual users of the Listserve or Website.
- 15.K. How Codingline Handles Subscriber Personal Information Internally
- 15.K.i. Security. Codingline maintains Subscriber Personal Information as secure as reasonably possible. That is why Codingline has a two-tier system that combines technical safeguards and employee access restrictions. On the technical side, Codingline uses Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") encryption technology to protect the integrity and privacy of the Personal Information Subscribers provide to us via the Internet. As an additional security measure, Subscriber Personal Information is also kept physically separate on a secure server where Subscriber passwords are encrypted and stored on a database. To take advantage of these technical safeguards, Subscribers must meet the minimum browser requirements for the Codingline Website.
- 15.K.ii. Use. CCodingline may use your registration information and other voluntarily submitted information in the following ways:
- (1)To enable Codingline to process and verify subscriptions;
- (2)To enable Codingline to verify user credentials in order to maintain reasonable security;
- (3)To provide Codingline editors with information that is useful in developing new features and services for Subscriber and visitor users;
- (4)To allow Codingline to vary potentially advertising based on user preference, usage preferences, and demographics;
- (5)To enable Codingline to develop and improve the features, content, and services available through the Website;
- (6)To contact Codingline regarding subscription renewals and other subscription-related matters, changes to the Codingline Agreement or Codingline Policies; and to contact tSubscriber regarding new Website features, topic-based news alerts, products and product and service buying opportunities.
Internally, Codingline uses Subscriber information, singularly or in aggregate, in a number of ways to improve the Listserve, Forum, Website, Codingline services.
- 15.L. Updating Subscriber Personal Information and Contacting Codingline. Subscribers can contact Codingline in order to (a) delete Subscriber Personal Information from our systems, (b) update the Personal Information that Subscriber has provided to Codingline, and/or (c) change Subscriber preferences with respect to informational/promotional contacts, by emailing Codingline at email@example.com.
Revised December 31, 2016
Copyright © 2000, 2017 Codingline, LLC. All rights reserved.